Saturday, December 29, 2012

New Hope

I've been watching another movie called New Hope. I really liked that baptism was included in thecredits, altought it wasn't included as requirement for Salvation. However, the Bible says it is required (Acts 2:37-28)

I reall liked it because it reminded me of my book in a way. However, with a book you knowwhat a character is thinkign better. In my book, "Crowded," I write in Josh feeling sorry for the way he treated Cole and wanting to stop but feeling like he can't.

Ben Davies (Lucas did pretty good with facial expressions. With the look on his face in the scene where Samuel Davis (Mike) apologizes, you can see on Lucas face he is sorry for bullying Mike. Of course it gets followed by Lucas being cocky but you could tell his cockiness was faker than earlier. Earlier in the movie Lucas was just cocky and a jerk. In that scene it looked as if he felt a need to "Keep it up".

In my book, "Crowded" Josh stands up to Cole's abusive dad just to talk bad abotu him a few sentences later.  Josh shows vulnerablity in most parts of my book, while Lucas shows vulnerabilty after he manhandles  Jasmine (Perry Frost).

I really enjoyed Lucas' emotional scene where he was hitting baseball bats against a tree. Ii showed how he really felt and he was not taking it out on another person in that scene. I also liked Lucas' vulnerability in the roof scene and when he tells Mike God doesn't want anythign to do with him (Lucas). Those scenes remind me of Josh in "Crowded" who feels the same way and does attempt suicide as well.

Mike's sister Faith was adorable. She was great comic relief and said probably what most kids are thinking "I never get to hear the good stuff" and calls ppl "meaner".


New Hope was a great movie about loving the unlovable and forgiving others. I really liked it. Some of the ending pictures were cheesy but I liked some of the pictures. I like Beastly and some ofthat was cheesy too.



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment