Monday, March 24, 2014

Frozen, Let it Go, Jack Frost

If you follow me on Twitter or Facebook, you know I have joined millions in loving this movie
Yep.

So, I really related to Elsa. She was trying to control her powers and I try to control My Asperger's and OCD. I also suffer from Vertigo from time to time.


I worry a lot about anything from  Hell to vertigo to whether or not someone wants to be my friend. So, Elsa's "Let it Go" by the lovely Idina Menzel has been added to my "Random Song To Burst Into" list.

I am learning more about God's love and His grace.
 A few skilled Youtube vidders made videos with "Let it go" to this handsome guy: (picture of the lovely Jack Frost I found online. I HATE winter, but can put that aside just for this fictional character...I still stand on how I feel about real life winter :P)

A few years ago, I saw the previews to Rise of the Guardians and wanted to see it, because of his own story arc that was presented in trailers.

Anyways, the YouTube videos  made me REALLY want to see it. I just love how the vidders and the movies present him as a vulnerable guy. Please type in "Let it go Jack Frost" when you go on YouTube. He was vulnerable in the movie. He wanted people to believe in him and was seen as least likely to be one of the Guardians. He learns to use his fun for good and not mischief.

It made me think of my book characters. As you may notice from my books, Facebook, Twitter or even real life conversation. I am a sucker for vulnerable males. Not wimpy males. Not weak males. Vulnerable males. The ones who are misunderstood. The ones who try to have it all together. The ones whose sadness makes you feel their pain. That is definitely what I try to aim for in my writings. I guess I could relate to Jack Frost in that I am underestimated by others and well...I like to have fun.
I also want to make a positive difference in people's lives.

I think Josh in "Crowded" and Andy in "To Be Sane" could be a bit like Jack Frost's character. What do you think? Do you think they are? Read my books and let me know.


Or do you think it would fit Kirk from "Perfect Forgiveness" more?
Read my books and sound off, please.




No comments:

Post a Comment