Friday, November 22, 2013

Observations

A week ago, I made an observation at Starbucks. There was a group of girls sitting down and another girl around their age. She was just standing in line, but had an upset look on her face. Her arms were crossed and brows furrowed. I wonder what was going on in her head. Was she concerned about a test? Was she upset she was not with the other girls? Did she even know them? Were they potential friends who left her out?
I've been that girl. I know what it's like to be the one doing most of the planning to hang out. I know what it's like when people are too busy to hang out but would love to hang out with others. I know what being left out feels like. I just wish I could've talked to her.

This is why I want to work with teens and young adults.

1 comment:

  1. I don't miss those days (years, actually). School is so rough, I think. But it is fun to wonder what she was thinking about.

    ReplyDelete